Thursday, May 05, 2005

Celluloid Social Club

Tonight I went to the Celluloid Social Club at the Anza to promote the SPCA benefit screening of my movie Lucky Stars. This was a big deal for me because I was banned from the Anza for a while because of my drunken table dancing incident. Peoples still speak of this incident. Some even started calling me Lucky Lohan. I tried to blame it on Bailey (Nick's dog) but truth be told, Bailey wasn't even there. He's usually a good scapedog. But I wasn't drunk.

You see, I was trying to stand up to see the movie they were showing and I knocked over the table. That made me kind of skittish (as it would any dog) so I jumped on to a nearby table and spilled some beer, which got all over my fur, so I smelled like I was drunk.

However, tonight I redeemed myself. I only barked a couple times and I watched all the movies! I really liked the commercials and trailers they played because they were short and had lots of movement. I am very proud of my patience tonight. I am not so proud of my unelegant approach to the front of the room to greet my audience. I tried to jump onstage and missed... in front of about 150 peoples. No one laughed, but I knew I looked silly. Then I licked the microphone a lot as they took my picture. I put out the word to find me some scripts to direct and some peoples came up to me after and talked story. I liked one script about a squirrel that a guy told me about, although I think the squirrel should get caught by a dog at the end of the story.

No comments: